Mohamed: MVP & Best Bowler
St Elizabeth, Jamaica - Trinidad and Tobago Under-15 opening batsman Keagan Simmons was named the best fielder of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Under-15 two-day championships, which ended in Jamaica on Friday.
Simmons took eight catches and had two run outs to top the fielding list, and he was also second best with the bat—he scored 250 runs, including two half-centuries—to help T&T win the tournament with 56.9 points, ahead of Windward Islands (54.2 points). The top batsman was Windwards skipper Emmanuel Stewart (269 runs, three fifties).
The Trinity College East batsman’s unbeaten 96 in the final round was also the tournament’s top individual score.
T&T had a number of good perfomers, with captain Kirstan Kallicharan (192 runs, 17 wickets) finishing in the top ten of the batting and bowling lists, while Saiba Batoosingh was eighth in the batting. T&T bowler Emilo Gopaul was fourth overall with 22 wickets.
Guyana’s Ronaldo Mohamed topped the bowlers with 33 scalps.
Most Valuable Player
- Ronaldo Mohamed (Guyana)
Most Outstanding Batsman
- Emmanuel Stewart (Windwards) — 269 runs, 3 half centuries
Most Outstanding Bowler
- Ronaldo Mohamed (Guyana) — 33 wickets, 3 five-wicket hauls, 1 ten wicket haul
Most Outstanding Wicket-keeper
- Rashjni Roye (Jamaica) — 4 catches, 6 stumping
Most Outstanding Fielder
- Keagan Simmons (T&T) — 8 catches, 2 run outs
- Emmanuel Stewart (Windwards) — 269 runs
- Keagan Simmons (T&T) — 250 runs
- Dominik Samuels (Jamaica) — 224 runs
- Kirstan Kallicharan (T&T) — 192 runs)
- Limar Pierce (Barbados) — 191 runs
- Nick Elibox (Windwards) — 175 runs
- Adrian Sukwah (Guyana) — 172 runs
- Saiba Batoosingh (T&T) — 166 runs
- Daniel Cheshan (Barbados) — 162 runs
- Richard McIntosh (Jamaica) — 158 runs
- Ronaldo Mohamed (Guyana) — 33 wickets
- Alick Athanaze (Windwards) — 27 wickets
- Richie Luknauth (Guyana) — 23 wickets
- Emilo Gopaul (T&T) — 22 wickets
- Ian Spence (Jamaica) — 22 wickets
- Joshua Bishop (Barbados) — 21 wickets
- Joel Sutherland (T&T) — 20 wickets
- Shane Roberts (Windwards) — 18 wickets
- Kirstan Kallicharan (T&T) — 17 wickets
- Jarion Hoyte (Barbados) — 15 wickets